Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

One Last Gathering

We had no plans for today - and that was such a nice feeling. All I had to do was laundry and I started that a little past 7am. About 8:30 I was done and Randy met me at the clubhouse for breakfast. After that, we were done for the day 0r so we thought . . .

Computer, TV and cross stitching were all the endeavors we were pursuing. Then, we got a phone call late this morning from Judy inviting us to dinner at their place this evening. It was to be them, us, Mike & Peggy and Mike & Gerri. Well, you know we didn't say no! First, it was a free meal. :) But, of course, it was really the company we'd be in. At least, that's what I told Judy. :)

So, after a nice, lazy day, we meandered over to Darrell & Judy's. First thing I saw when I walked out of our rig was this beautiful sky.

Darrell & Judy prepared a great meal of spaghetti and meatballs and with Mike & Peggy's delicious garlic bread, we ate good. (I know, the grammar isn't so great, but hey, I got the point across!) After we're stuffed with dinner, Judy tells us there are brownies!! And iced ones, at that! Oh, my. Well, I didn't want to insult Judy, so I forced myself to eat a brownie. Can't say I'm not a grateful dinner guest!

The main reason for this gathering was the imminent departure of Mike & Gerri. They are leaving us tomorrow to head back to their hometown for doctor's appointments. It is so hard to say good-bye. We have just fallen in love with them and enjoy the time we have spent together.

Tonight was no different. The eight of us laughed so hard, that my jaws hurt! We have just clicked with these folks and we can talk about serious things as well as laugh 'til it hurts. Fantastic. Before we knew it, it was 9pm!! And as Darrell will tell you - that's midnight in the RV world. :) So, we said our good nights and we all headed for home.

We plan to get our hugs from Mike & Gerri tomorrow as we'll stop by their rig on our way to church. That's not gonna fun. We're gonna miss you!!

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment