Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Potluck Dinner and Entertainment (sort of)

Once again I started the day waaaayyy too early - I was up at 5am. Had a bit of a headache and Randy was snoring pretty good, so there was no going back to sleep. I came down and laid in the recliner, but sleep was done for me for the night.

I figured I'd get a jump on the laundry since I was up so early, but a few minutes after 6am, Kev started chatting with me via Skype. Well, we hadn't spoken/chatted with him for quite awhile, so I was going to take full advantage of that. An hour and a half later, we said our good-byes. Needless to say, laundry didn't get done this morning. But, I'll take talking to my boy over laundry any time! He's doing well and may be coming home for R & R in late March. I know Sara is excited about that.

Since laundry was no longer on the agenda for the morning, at least, Randy figured it was time to go out to breakfast. We hollered at Darrell & Judy via email to see if they would like to go and they were up for it, so about 8:30 off we went. We wanted to try a fairly new restaurant, Paul's, but we found out the hard way that they aren't open for breakfast on Saturday. What's up with that??? Being the persevering types that we are, we continued on to The Biscuit King. All of us were pleased with our meals and each other's company. :)

With tummies full, we ran up to WalMart 'cause Randy & I needed to get some bread and milk. And being the good RVers they are, Darrell & Judy were up for a WalMart run as well.

We got home without incident, dropped D & J off at their rig and came home to settle in. But, my need to do laundry on Saturday just wouldn't let me sit for long. I took a chance and went over to the laundry room to see if I could get in. All the machines were busy when I got there, but our friend, Cindy, was finishing up her laundry, so we chatted while she folded. I was glad I had gone 'cause I haven't had a chance to really catch up with Cindy since they've gotten here. So, we had a good visit.

I finally got the laundry done and was back home a little past 1:30. Not too bad. Had a little down time before I had to get ready for the potluck dinner at the clubhouse.

The dinner was for to benefit Haiti. It wasn't as well attended as other dinners have been, but there still was a lot of food. :) We all had our fill (and more) and then it was time for the entertainment portion of the evening. And I use that word loosely, mind you. :)

There was a cute skit, then a gentleman named Doug Palmer sang for the crowd. He was pretty good, I understand. (I was in another room getting ready to perform so I couldn't hear Doug very well.)

Then, it was time for The Chenilles. As I mentioned in an earlier post, this is a group of women whose sole purpose is to amuse the crowd. We sing(?) and enjoy ourselves immensely. I think the crowd enjoyed it, too.

Now, we are firmly ensconced in our recliners, ready to watch our DVR'd episodes of Lost. It's quite chilly out, with the wind really blowing. I realize that we have nothing compared to our friends and family back East, but we are in the south and I expect warmer temps!! Oh, well. I'll take what I can get.

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I missed that!!! I bet the instruments sounded really lovely!! :)