Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

FRUSTRATION!!

The day started out well. I went to Curves and had a good workout, picked up a prescription and came home, all without incident. That's always nice. :)


After breakfast, it was time to commission the new modem we had gotten from HughesNet. Seems that HughesNet has upgraded from our current modem, and we didn't want a break in service so we ordered the new modem. We had our instructions and were ready to go. Or so we thought.


Everything was going fine and the modem was commissioned (as they call it), but it wouldn't connect to the internet. No matter what troubleshooting I did, it would go the one last step it needed in order to connect. UGH! The only alternative I had was to call the tech support line.


Well, I did call the support line, but our cell reception is so lousy at the campground that I was afraid that the call would drop. And, of course, you can never call back and get the same person. Guess what happened! Yep, the call dropped. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I was so angry by that point that I could have just thrown the computer, modem and anything near it out the window. So, now I'm not sure what we can do. I can't call tech support 'cause of the cell reception. Nothing I'm doing helps. So frustrating.


The only other alternative we can think of is to take the entire system, satellite dish and all, to Lindsay's and try to set it up there. At least this way, if I have to call tech support again, I can do that from their house because cell reception is good there.


For now, we're using our AT&T air card, but that is very slow. Oh, well. I'll just have to go through a little computer withdrawal. Maybe that's where this headache came from . . .


Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous you and Randy get to travel.. it must be much better than working all day! :) But you both put in your time, I'm sure!

    My parents live in Korea now! :( But they are coming to visit soon!

    ReplyDelete