Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Who Says This is an Unlucky Day?

It always amazes me how many people are truly uncomfortable on Friday the 13th. I've never really thought too much about it. Guess I'm just not the superstitious type. And today was not unlucky at all! This was the last session of my fitness study at Curves; I got weighed in and measured. Well, I've lost weight AND inches. I'm very happy about that. And what did I do? Went out to breakfast to celebrate, of course! :)


I wasn't sure if I would join or not because it is a year commitment. With traveling as we do, I didn't know if they would give me enough travel passes to make it worthwhile joining. The trainer said that they also have a month-to-month plan, but it's $10 more per month than the contract. She said she'd have the manager call me to talk options. Then, while Randy & I were at breakfast, the trainer called to say that she had talked to the manager and they would give me EIGHT months of travel passes!! Isn't that wonderful? So, I said that I would join for the year commitment. I'm pretty psyched about that. I really didn't expect them to do that. Very cool.


After we got home from breakfast, there wasn't much more to do. I had to reconcile the bank statement which is such a piece of cake with Quicken. I used to dread doing the monthly statements back in the “old days.” :) We watched some TV.


Lindsay called to tell us to come over after Reagan's nap to watch a movie we'd gotten from Netflix, “Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.” So, we did. It was a cute movie, a little too old for Reagan, but she enjoyed the magical parts. After the movie, we went out and grabbed a bite to eat.


We're home for the night now. Tomorrow will be a quiet one for Randy – I'm going out for the afternoon to attend my niece's wedding shower in Baltimore. Below are some random pictures of Reagan.

Pop explains the finer points of flushing tanks.


Helping her daddy wash his car.
Watch out, American Idol!

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment