Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Reflections

I found out yesterday that Mary Link died. Our families attended Grace Community Church in Maryland together. Our boys were in youth group together. Mary and I weren't close friends, but she was one person I could always count on when I needed someone to help out with a youth function. You could count on Mary.


Mary had battled cancer since being diagnosed with breast cancer four years ago. I hadn't seen her in all those years, but kept up on her progress through mutual acquaintances. From my understanding, she fought hard and strong. These last few months were tough ones, but you'd never know it by reading a journal kept by her husband, Joe, on the Caring Bridge website. Their strong relationship with each other and the Lord allowed them to face this battle head on. Their sons, Joseph & Andrew, also have a strong faith which has kept them afloat. Now, they have said good-bye, knowing that Mary is pain free and walking with Jesus. And they can live with that. What a wonderful gift she gave her family.

We'll all miss Mary. God has taken a loving warrior home.


I've done some thinking since finding out about Mary. I pray that I will have the gracious, strong, faithful attitude Mary had, right up to the end. I pray that my family will know how much they are loved. I pray that my friends will know how much they mean to me. And I pray that when I see God face to face that He will say, “Well done, good and faithful servant.” I'm sure Mary heard that.


Have you done much thinking about your last days? No, it really isn't a morbid subject. Guess what? All of us are going to die; it's just a matter of when. It's as much a part of life as living is. I hope that you'll take a moment to think about how you want to be remembered and the legacy you want to leave. I know I will be.


Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:09 AM

    Randy and Terry, sorry to hear about your friend Mary. Its seems that few of us are imune to having cancer visit our lives in one way or another. Up until last summer my wife Terri had been a 13 year breast cancer survivor. It has come back in the form of some bone cancer. There have been some rocky days along this past year, but God!!!!! He sustains us, lifts and carries us when we need it. Praise the Lord. If you are interested we also have a journal at: www.mytripjournal.com/freeatlast
    Be blessed
    Al Viscardi

    ReplyDelete