Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Block Party

I didn't post last night because, for some unknown reason, I was really tired. My head started bobbing about 8:45! So, I did the mature thing (very unusual!) and went to bed. I read for a bit, but turned out the light around 9:15!! I figured I would be wide awake by 4am, but no, I slept until a little after 6am. Nine hours sleep, whoa . . . that hasn't happened since menopause hit! ;) Okay, more information than necessary.

Anyway, on to yesterday's activities. I was an industrious do-bee first thing in the morning. I had two loads of laundry in the washing machine by 6:15. I know, I know. Very crazy. But, the upside of being in the laundry room that early is that I don't have to jockey for a machine. I had the whole place to myself. Go figure. :) By 7:30 I was done and on my way back to the rig. The rest of the morning was taken up with the computer, some breakfast, cross-stitching, etc.

In the afternoon, we headed over to Jack & Jimmie's place for the block party. Getting into the truck felt like old times, with Dick & Pat joining us. Last winter we didn't go many places that Dick & Pat weren't with us. It's a nice feeling.

Jack & Jimmie are part of the Jubilee Pickers, one of the groups with whom I play dulcimers. They are wonderful folks, so nice. They had invited the group to join their community's block party and play for awhile, then have a covered dish dinner. Well, you know we are not ones to miss out on a good meal (or a bad one for that matter). As usual, we had a great time playing and eating. Here are some pictures of the afternoon. Didn't get any of the meal - too busy eating!! :)


Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment