Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Very Musical Day

I had a whirlwind day! I had two dulcimer gigs today. And of course, Randy had his orchestra rehearsal this evening.

This morning Jam N Folks had rehearsal for about an hour and a half, then we had a gig at a church in Fairhope at noon. One of the great things about most of our gigs is that we get fed! :) I had jambalaya for the first today at lunch. It was really good! I thought jambalaya was a gumbo-type dish, but it's not. It's rice, chicken and sausage all mixed up together with a creole seasoning. Yummy! We played for about 30 minutes or so after lunch.

This evening the Jubilee Pickers had a gig at a local middle school. We were to play background music during the dinnertime of one of their fundraisers, Wild Game Night. A local celebrity, Gary Finch, was their speaker. He has an outdoorsman show on TV here. So, again we played for 30 or 40 minutes until Gary Finch spoke. Then, we got dinner. They had venision, fried fish, fried shrimp, cole slaw, beans and dessert. Another yummy evening.

I gotta tell you, though. I am tired tonight. This has been one big day. But, I really enjoy the music and the people I play with. It's a joy.

Hope you had a good day, too! Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment