Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

***SAPPY ALERT***

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday - it is the only one that really doesn't demand anything from me. I don't have to worry about buying presents, go to any events, nothing. All I have to do is be thankful. That's it. And that is definitely not hard for me. I try to start each and every day thanking God for the blessings He has overwhelmed me with. Let me share just a few with you:

  • I know the One True God and He has given me a place in Heaven with Him because of Jesus
  • I have a husband who loves me beyond measure in spite of myself
  • I have parents who showed me what unconditional love is
  • I have three healthy children who are leading productive lives and love me
  • I have a son- and daughter-in-law who I love as my own
  • I have two beautiful, healthy grandchildren
  • I have a sister, brother-in-law and nieces and nephews who I adore
  • I am able to be retired and live a life that is full that many would love to live
I could go on and on and on, but I won't bore you. :) Too often I think we look at what we don't have or listen to the media tell us how bad things are and we believe we should have more of something, anything, to make us happier. I am grateful to be content where I am and with what I have. I wish the same for each and every one of you.

For the first time we did not celebrate Thanksgiving with family. That was a little tough for me, I will admit. I was a bit weepy most of the morning. Each time I talked with one of the kids or my parents or Randy's sister, I got a bit sadder. However, once we got over to the clubhouse and sat with our other "family," I brightened a bit. It wasn't the same, but it wasn't bad - it was just different. I do miss my parents and kids, but it was fun celebrating with our RVing family. Here's a couple of pictures from our dinner.

The clubhouse was FULL - there were more than 240 people!
Our tablemates

We ended our day laughing around the campfire. It was a good day.

I hope your Thanksgiving celebration was filled with family, laughter, and gratitude. And I hope that you will continue counting your blessings every day.

Until the next time . . .

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:01 AM

    Like you, we had our first Thanksgiving w/o family. Since we are camping in Wilmington, NC, we had dinner with 2 very special friends from Myrtle Beach. It was different, but also very good. We had a wonderful day.

    Signed, Willy from Winterville

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made it through the day. It has been a little hetic around here this week, but will start to settle down on Monday.

    Miss you guys and look forward to catching up soon.

    Hugs,
    Dortha

    ReplyDelete