Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans' Day

I've always been patriotic - our national anthem never fails to move me; seeing men and women in uniform makes me proud; and walking in the steps of our forefathers while exploring this great country really tugs at me. So, having a son in the Army is just amazing to me.

Kevin is a PFC and stationed in Kansas. He has just been in the service for 18 months, but has already shown himself to be a leader and his superiors have recognized that with an award and assignments that allow him to use that leadership. It is with great pride that we proclaim ourselves an Army family.

With that in mind, I want to say a very heartfelt thank you to all of the veterans who have given themselves in service to our country. And their families -it is their sacrifice that is so appreciated as well. To those families who have had to pay the ultimate price of the loss of a loved one in the line of duty, I pray that God will give you comfort as you grieve and heal.

Even with all of our problems, this is a great country. I am so thankful to live here and to have the freedoms I have. Thank you, Veterans, for allowing me to keep them.

No comments:

Post a Comment