Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Economic Crisis??? Really?

Okay, the media continues to tell us that nobody has any money, but we went shopping today (yeah, I know!) and there were lots and LOTS of people out there. Now there weren't bone crushing crowds, but we didn't get to the shopping center until later . . . like 8am! By noon, though, the parking lots were pretty darn full. So, the question is are people really hurting monetarily or are is the media hyping things up? I know that the stock market is down like crazy, but it seems that folks' every day money is just fine. But, hey, that's just my uneducated opinion.

For those of you who have fallen on the floor because 1) I went shopping; and 2) I went shopping on BLACK FRIDAY; well, I needed to get a couple of things at Michael's and there were great coupons that were only good for today. Now I can't say that I never go shopping on Black Friday. I've broken my own rule.

The rest of the day was pretty quiet. Practiced the dulcimer for about an hour and a half in preparation for tomorrow's recording. Can't wait to share that experience with you all.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear someone braved all those shoppers out there on Black Friday! (LOL)

    Dortha

    ReplyDelete