Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Endings & Beginnings

Yep, the end of the first decade of the new millennium – maybe. Depends on whether you think the new millennium began in 2000 or 2001. But, that's a discussion we'll save for another day. :)

No matter what, one year has ended and another begun. That seems to happen about every 365 days or so. I am one of those who really doesn't get what all the hoopla is about regarding New Year's Eve. I mean, yeah, I get that we've passed another year, but other than that, it's really just another day when you wake up. Guess I'm a party pooper. But, every party needs one, doesn't it? At least that's what the song says! :)

Randy & I did actually stay up past midnight this year. First time in a long time, too. We watched Reagan while Jason & Lindsay went out. Don’t they look great?

Lins & J ready for New Year's Eve

We will begin our new year with the last of the family Christmas gatherings. I know! This will be our third. That's what happens when you have lots of family. Jason & Lins have already celebrated with her father and family; his father and stepmom; and his mother and extended family. Now, it's time to celebrate with my parents, sister and extended family. Gosh, when there are divorces, it wreaks havoc with scheduling family events! :) But, we are fortunate that relationships are very civil among everyone and events are worked out so that everyone gets their time with the kids. I pray that our kids will break the cycle and our grandkids won't have to deal with this.

Sorry, that was a weird sidetrack. A little insight to how I think during the holidays. Scary, huh? :)

Anyway, we will have a wonderful time this afternoon; filled with laughter and love. Just how it should be. I'll post more later!

Hooweeee! The party is over and Lins, Jason, Reagan, Randy & I are crashed out on the couches. It was a great afternoon of family, fun, laughter, and lots of love. Our family never fails to have a good time when we all get together. Lins does a fabulous job of hostessing. We made baked ziti for the main course and everyone brought a dish. There's never a shortage of food. :)

Before everyone showed upAll set up for the party! P1120918 

Everyone is having a good timeChowing down P1120922 P1120931 P1120942

The only downer was that Kevin & Sam; Chuck, Ginny & Tommy; and Eric, LuAnn & CJ couldn't be here this year. :( But, there's always next year! We missed you guys!! xoxoxo

We had another round of present exchanges. This is the crew: My folks; my sister and bro-in-law, Paula & Lou; three of their kids, Lisa, Joe & Megan (and spouses); Lisa's kids, Jimmy, Kylie & Kelsey; and Megan's baby, Ryleigh. This is the first time all of us were together this Christmas, so my folks had to give us, Reagan and Lins & J our presents. Of course, we all needed to give the cousins theirs. So, there was a flurry of activity as all the presents were handed out.

P1120933 P1120937 P1120938

My folks watching the meleeDadDad & G'ma

After that craziness, it was dinner time. As I mentioned, lots of good food and desserts. I am SO NOT looking forward to my doctor's appointment on Monday!!!

It was so good to spend time with my family. All too soon it was time to say good-bye. Another Christmas over and a new year begun.

Randy & I wish all of friends and family a year filled with contentment, peace and blessings that warm your heart. May 2011 be a great year for all of us.

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment