Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just What Friends Do

Unfortunately, my plans for the day changed drastically when I found out last night that my friend, Pat, was in the hospital and had to undergo a heart catheterization this morning. Everyone was caught off guard with this news – even Pat!

Pat's procedure was scheduled for 7:00 this morning. There was no question that I was going to accompany Dick, Pat's husband, while he waited for the procedure to be over. Having lots of experience in this type of waiting game (my parents have been through these procedures several times), I knew it would be a long day. And it's no fun to go through that by yourself. Dick was gracious in allowing me to tag along. :) I think he knew he really didn't have a choice!!

I am grateful to say that Pat aced the heart cath, but it was found she did have two blockages that needed to have stents implanted. Three stents were placed in two vessels. The doctors were pleased with how the vessels opened right up with the stents in place. Isn't medical technology amazing? Thank God for His provision!

A little before 3pm, Pat got back to her room and settled in. Randy & I (yes, Randy came over later in the morning) decided it was time for us to leave. Sassie, Dick & Pat's dog, had been on her own since 6am so we headed home to take her out.

Looking forward to Pat coming home tomorrow.

Definitely not the way I had wanted to spend my day, but it's the way I needed to spend it. That's what friends do. Friends step up and out of their comfort zone when someone needs them. And it's a privilege to do so.

Until the next time . . .

3 comments:

  1. I hope your friends know what good people you are! I am very happy that your friend made it through the surgery (procedure) so well and I wish her the most health and happiness from here on out.
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat and her husband will be in our prayers. Glad they were able to help her and hope she is well on her way to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:00 PM

    Greetings from Southern California :-)

    I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You, ~Ron

    ReplyDelete